As a start...
Seasonal Workers Program (SWP) compliance:
As an Approved Employer under the SWP, Seasonal Workers Australia must be fully compliant which provides you with complete protection.
SWA’s responsibilities include:
Fair Work audits…Workers compensation liabilities under deeming provisions…Immigration raids for visa over-stayers…Contractors not paying statutory requirements or employing illegal workers exposing you and your business to risk…resultant negative publicity… WORRY NO MORE!
- Initial liaising with growers and horticultural enterprises regarding their seasonal requirements for labour and advice regarding compliance with all regulations governing Pacific seasonal workers including remuneration formulas.
- Remove onus on growers and horticultural enterprises to compliantly advertise/screen/shortlist/interview local labour respondents.
- Labour Market Testing as per Federal Government SWP regulations.
- Ensure that Pacific seasonal workers earn their average nett financials as per Government guidelines
- Offshore recruitment and sourcing of workers with right attribute for work e.g. English competency, Physical ability and focus, Health Check/Chest XRay, Police checks, Financial literacy training, Pre departure briefings, type of work/life in Australia etc.
- Facilitate and coordinate all initial payments regarding Australian visa applications, health checks, flight bookings, transfers, etc.
- All the above expenses must be paid well in advance of any suitable Pacific seasonal worker departing their country of residence for Australia. This can amount to considerable sums when many people are required.
- Approved Employers will pay the full upfront cost of the workers’ international airfares to and from Australia and later recoup a percentage of that cost from the worker.
- Approved Employers through their grower clients may be required to contribute to the full international return airfare cost (Average cost is $800) for Pacific Seasonal Workers and can recoup (using this example)$300 per worker on arrival leaving a final maximum grower contribution of $500.
- Arranging and facilitating worker payments for accommodation of a suitable standard, private health insurance and transport to and from work (if required) on a daily basis.
- Providing pastoral care and grower support 24/7, on arrival briefings, OH&S training, banking, local community representation / assimilation / social cohesion activities / food shopping familiarisation / religious worship introduction.
- Assist with initial cost of living expenses
- Assist with initial clothing
- PPE/OH&S briefings
- Working in partnership with grower / setting Targets / KPI’s etc.
- Paying workers in accordance with the current Modern Horticulture Award 2010 or on piece rates. Reporting as required to DoI/DoE as well as FWA Audits
- Weekly payroll, deductions and statutory obligations eg. PAYG/Workers Compensation payments/Superannuation/Payroll Tax/GST etc.
- Assisting workers with access to personal banking, gaining a tax file number, preparing a tax return.
- All pre departure briefings, airport transfers and check in
Seasonal Workers Australia - providers of contingent enterprise partners to your workforce
Obligation Free Call: Tel: +613 9792 1949